The State of Getting
While journaling this morning I noticed a very distinct difference in how I felt about my future. For as long as I could remember, I had been in a state of 'wanting' when thinking about the goal of working for myself. Today as I laid in bed, I noticed I had shifted from the state of 'wanting' to 'getting'. This was a profound moment for me!
If you have no idea what I'm talking about I highly recommend listening to the 9min 30sec FREE YouTube audio chapter of A Happy Pocket Full of Money by David Cameron Gikandi (below).
When it comes to texts on the Law of Attraction, I consider this book to be my bible!
My Summarised Version
- We NEVER get what we want when we are in a mental state of wanting something.
- Definition of 'wanting': lacking in a required or necessary quality; not existing; absent. This means when you are in a state of 'wanting' you carry the energy of lack, or not having it.
- Metaphysics teaches that 'like attracts like' and therefore you can never get what you 'want' because the energy of 'wanting' is not a match for the energy of 'having' it.
- When we want something we begin in a state of 'wanting', we then progress to 'getting' and then finally we arrive at the 'having' of what we originally 'wanted'.
- Taking steps towards your goal of having it and believing that you will have it, will powerfully shift you into a state of 'getting'.
- The 'getting' state is a powerful one because it has finality. Whereas 'wanting' can be indefinite. 'Getting' implies that you will eventually get it and the moment you do, you will be in a state of 'having' it.
- IMPORTANT: Remove the word 'want' from your vocabulary. Replace it with 'desire' as desire does not carry the energy of lack or not having it i.e. you can have an intimate partner and still desire him/her. You can be eating chocolate and still desire for more.
If you desired a coffee can you understand that you cannot instantly have a coffee appear in front of you? You either have to make it, order it, ask someone to get it or at least desire it in some way so that you can manifest it.
The moment you take one of the above actions, you have moved into a state of getting which has finality. The simpler the desire the more strongly you will believe in this finality and the faster it will come to you.
The strength of your knowing that you WILL have it is called CERTAINTY and it is a key component of developing powerful manifestation abilities.
How to apply this?
- Replace the word 'want' with 'desire' in your thoughts and words.
- List all that you currently desire.
- Add at least one action step you can take for each item on your list that would mentally shift you from a state of 'desiring' and into a state of 'getting' so that when you think about your desire, you will feel that you are on the way to getting it and you truly believe that to be so.
- Everyday increase your level of certainty that you will have it by telling yourself that you are getting your desire and take whatever action steps you are guided to take to enhance this feeling of certainty.