What? I have a fear of success?
When Theta Healer Diana Saunders muscle tested me for "I fear success" I was surprised and confused when the result was a firm "Yes".
That was probably 3 years ago and it had puzzled me ever since as to why I or anyone for that matter would have a fear of success?
Fortunately, the answer to that perplexing question revealed itself through journaling and it was all to do with my identity. Allow me to explain...
For the past 17 years I have been on a mission to:
- Overcome my feelings of low self-worth.
- Discover my divine vocation - The work my life experience and Human Design had uniquely prepared me to excel at.
- Forgive myself for all missed opportunities and mistakes.
- Be free of self-doubt and self-sabotage.
These struggles had become an ingrained part of my identity. So ingrained that my ego couldn't fathom what it would be like to live without these struggles. Every step of the way my ego was trying to sabotage my attempts to change.
The reason for self-sabotage is that our ego tries to keep us safe, safe within our comfort zone. And there in lies the problem.... To grow we must venture beyond our comfort zone for as we grow, our comfort zone grows too!
So my identity was one of struggle, frustration and pain and just like an abused baby will cry and cling to its abusers when the Child Protection department comes knocking, so does the ego try to cling onto the struggle when success approaches.
Because the ego feels safer within the comfort zone of what is KNOWN than to venture out into UNKNOWN conditions.
How I Overcame My Fear Of Success
With the realisation that "Success" was unknown territory for me I recognised that my ego had to let go of the old identity and embrace a new one. So here is what I did...
- I defined a list of attributes of my new successful identity. This effectively became an affirmation list which I committed to reading every day and getting into the feeling of being that new identity, thereby invoking the Law Of Attraction.
- Used EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) to release all negative energy around letting go of the old identity and stepping into the new one.
Examples of my new successful identity:
- Wake 6am > Walk > Meditate > Plan my tasks for the day.
- I am earning $2K+ pw for my coaching sessions with Manifesting Generators to realise their wisdom, make peace with their past, feel their future and follow their feelings to fulfilment.
- I love the trial and error of experimentation to find what works best in sales and marketing.
- I give myself permission for daily R&R and whenever I recognise the PAUSE is happening.
- Additional $1K+ pm of affiliate advertising income happens on auto-pilot.
- The Manifesting Generators Facebook Group is now a thriving community of 2K+ members. Group members are drawn in by the quality of my shared contemplations.
What are the attributes of your new successful identity?